Games played 2021: 190 (!) - probably a ton of library games for < 1 hour Games played 2020: 131
Hours played 2021: 415 Games played 2020: 427
Most played games:
1) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 37 Hours - The local multiplayer gift that keeps on giving. What an awesome game, man.
2) Spelunky - 35 Hours - I haven't even started Spelunky 2 on Switch yet! I got sucked back into the creamy goodness of the OG.
3) The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ - And this is only after the release of the Repentance DLC! Which is awesome, btw. Freakin' tons of new variations and fully functional co-op multiplayer!
Month With Most Playtime: November - 71
2021 Docked/Handheld Hours/Percentage:
179 Hrs Docked / 43% Docked (A huge chunk of that is probably local multiplayer)
236 Hrs Handheld / 57% Handheld (OLED, baby!)
Preferred Mode of Play in 2020: Handheld, natch!
Nintendo Points 2021: ...No comment. (Holy fuuuck, how much did I buyyy?)
Favorite Game 2021: Had to give it to The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ w/ Repentance DLC - A single-player game which you could conceivably play forever. I still don't remember what half of the power-ups do! Freaking awesome game. The gameplay is as varied as the style is repellant. But it's absolutely worth it to push through!
Notes/Notable Absences: Spelunky 2 - Played some on PS4, but still luxuriating in the original Spelunky on Switch.
Monster Hunter Rise - I barely played this game! It's cool, but I was kind of waiting to play through it with my nephews. And then we just played Smash!
Metroid Samus Returns - I played through it for the first time. Seems like 3DS games are not included in the playtime tally. Because it was looong.
Metroid Dread - I also beat this one. I guess it didn't take me very long?
Mario Golf: Super Rush - I played this one quite a bit, too. Campaign and a bunch of Ranked Mode to unlock shit.
I've realized once again that novelty is such a huge factor for me. Even if a game like Spelunky or Monster Hunter or Shiren The Wanderer or Mr. Driller or Animal Crossing absolutely blows me away, I'm much, much less likely to obsess over the sequel.
46 games (45 last year, consistency!) 727 hours (1323 hours last year, what?)
Most played: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (213 hours, how?! I know my bro played on my account too but still, how?!) Monster Hunter Rise (82 hours) Fire Emblem: Three Houses (59 hours, and I'm still only like 2/3 through?!)
Last year (Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 642 hours, yeahhhhhh)
Your most active day was Monday, March 29th where you clocked 21 hours of play (MONSTER HUNTER RISE.) Ok uh, what happened there? I don't think it records time while in sleep mode or my numbers would all be way higher (I leave games in sleep mode almost constantly) but there is no way I played 21 hours of Monster Hunter in a single day lol.
Games played 2021: 11 Games played 2020: 10 (consistency!)
Hours played 2021: 424 Games played 2020: 1422 (no Animal Crossing in 2021, and all of those idle hours w/ my island open to visitors! )
Most played games:
1) Ring Fit Adventure - 177 hours - Gettin' ripped!
2) Monster Hunter Rise - 121 hours - Definitely my obsession in March/April like AC was last year.
3) Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ - Nintendo Switch Online - 41 hours - DKC2 and Super Metroid replay, mainly.
Month With Most Playtime: April - 132 - Monster Hunter!
333 hours docked / 91 hours tabletop - The latter is almost all Ring Fit, as after I moved to my new place, I no longer exercise in the same room as the TV (I play docked at the office when I bring my Switch in, and use my 2nd monitor).
List of games played (with my favorite highlighted!):
@Anand I found it unusable. It’s just too hard to see what’s going on, at least for me.
Long story short, I put something like 120 hours into Dragon Quest XI S. Second most played was the SNES app at 60 hours, and Pac-Man 99 at 31 hours. 202 hours into TV/docked, with 300 into handheld play. Most active day was in May when we played Famicom Detective Club all day.
…though, now that you mention it? The math actually doesn’t add up. The website says my total hours played this year is 280. But 3 in TV mode and 270 in handheld mode is only 273 hours. Where are they pulling those extra 7 hours from in my grand total for the year?
Last year this showed a top five, but now it's only top three? Bummer.
No surprises in mine which shows my top three as:
Monster Hunter Rise Plants Vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville Super Mario Bros. 35
I liked SMB 35 more than I expected so I played it regularly up until it was disabled.
However, whatever method they're using to compile these stats appears to be inaccurate, at least for me. Based on the hours shown here and what's logged on my actual system, I know that at least Super Mario 3D World should be in the second slot. Not sure what's going on there.
A new year means I take another look at my order of most-played games on the Switch! First up is the top 24, but at this point less and less tends to change with this list, so for the first time I'm including a second image of numbers 25-48, which has some more movers and shakers!
And the next 24:
Since the edge game icons can be a bit tough to recognise, here is a text list:
1. Super Mario Maker 2 2. Paladins: Champions of the Realm 3. Splatoon 2 4. Animal Crossing New Horizons 5. Fortnite 6. Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate 7. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition 8. Sega Genesis Classics 9. Monster Hunter Rise 10. Super Mario Odyssey 11. Diablo III 12. Super Mario Bros. 35 13. Pokémon Shield 14. SNES Online 15. Super Mario 3D World 16. Luigi's Mansion 3 17. Super Kirby Clash 18. Rune Factory 4 19. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 20. Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville 21. Stardew Valley 22. DooM 23. NES Online 24. Dragon Quest Builders 2 25. Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl - GOLD 26. Overwatch 27. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle 28. Minecraft 29. Risk of Rain 2 30. N64 Online 31. Terraria 32. Tetris 99 33. Paper Mario: The Origami King 34. Spyro Reignited Trilogy 35. Portal Knights 36. Pokémon Unite 37. World of Final Fantasy Maxima 38. Crash Team Racing Nirto-Fueled 39. Super Mario Party 40. Rocket League 41. Turok 2: Seeds of Evil 42. Tumblestone 43. Lego Worlds 44. Sonic Mania Plus 45. Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido 46. PixelJunk Monsters 2 47. Duke Nukem 3D World Tour 48. Nine Parchments 49. Contra Rogue Corps. 50. DooM II
@Anand I'm unclear, is this a good or bad distinction, ha ha? Does anyone else here even have Snack World? Do people consider it a good or bad game?
@GameDadGrant Does this mean you also have Contra Rogue Corps.? Finally someone else! It did seem like a strange decision to bring back the Contra name with a game that isn't like the original ones, but I don't think it'd a bad game on its own merits. The graphics are ugly as brooms but it's a fun enough co-op shooter.