Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny coming this year to Wii (and PS3)
May 17, 2011, 21:11:45
It looks like the game formerly known as Rune Factory Oceans is indeed making its way in North America according to Siliconera (though Natsume has not updated its American website with the news yet).

Hiro Maekawa, Natusme President and CEO said:
We know our loyal fans have been patiently awaiting news of a North American release for Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny, so we are thrilled to announce that the latest entry in the fan-favorite series is on its way. Better still, this entry is coming to both the Wii and PlayStation 3. Featuring a vast region to explore, a wonderful cast of characters, and a huge variety of activities to enjoy, Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny is sure to make waves!

Posted: 05/17/11, 21:11:45
Awesome news for my niece.

on: 05/17/11, 21:17:20
That is a compelling picture.

on: 05/17/11, 21:46:13
Day something. Definitely getting this, as I intentionally skipped the first Wii outing.

on: 05/17/11, 21:47:18
Wow! And I've been on a crazy Rune Factory kick over the past week too.

RFF is a great game and I'd like to say I'm extremely excited about this...but a few importers' impressions leave me feeling a tad cold. I'm going to do some more research on it now that I know it's coming.

on: 05/17/11, 22:24:26
Nice I still haven't gotten Frontier yet, but I'm glad the game did well enough to warrant a sequel.

on: 05/17/11, 22:27:39
What did the importers say?

on: 05/17/11, 22:32:22

Now on Wii or PS3 is the question...

on: 05/17/11, 22:41:34
That is absolutely one of the coolest pieces of video game art ever.

But I already have Frontier which I have barely touched.

on: 05/17/11, 22:42:35
Anand said:
What did the importers say?
Most of what I've ascertained is from this GameFAQs thread. It sounds like the farming has been heavily scaled back, which makes me a little sad.

on: 05/17/11, 22:51:20

Ew, I hope that's not the case. A lot of Rune Factory Frontier's draw was the farming for me.

on: 05/17/11, 23:00:40

The lack of hands-on farming in this one makes it more gaiden than garden but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I say play Frontier or one of the DS games for the farming, and enjoy this more for its exploration, action-RPG, character sim qualities.

on: 05/18/11, 00:25:11
Fuck yes.

Frontier is an awesome, fun and addicting rpg. I'll buy the sequel day one.

on: 05/18/11, 02:09:23
I really loved Frontier. I hope for the best!

on: 05/18/11, 05:43:51
Aww mannnnnnnn.

Poor time. There is none.

on: 05/18/11, 06:34:47
WoW, I am so pissed about the farming!!!! So is the wife!

I think we will not be buying this now. I am very sad. I was looking to this game to get me through the end of the Wii era drought...

This is really really sad news

BUY NINTENDO STOCK BEFORE E3 though! It's so undervalue IMO

on: 05/19/11, 07:18:04
Ah, it could still be fun, right?

I still have never played any RF or HM game, but I did get the SNES on the VC recently. I'm guessing I'll have my fill of farming by the time this game comes out...

on: 05/19/11, 08:22:26
I think Frontier burnt me out on the farming aspect a bit, but that was more because of the Runey system than anything else. Micro-managing it was a time-consuming chore, though the rewards are quite nice.

I need to read more about this one. I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm only 53 hours (or so) into Rune Factory Frontier, so I've got plenty to do.

on: 05/19/11, 16:25:06