Nintendo Download: March 7-13, 2014.
Editor
March 06, 2014, 16:37:52

March 7, 2014 – A somewhat quiet week this week on the digital storefront. The Wii U and 3DS each get an NES game, while both services receive eShop games. No new retail games coming out this week. Runner2 is on sale for the Wii U beginning Monday, March 10. Be sure to check out all of this week's updates on your favorite digital storefront at noon today.

Wii U

eShop Games

• Blok Drop U - RCMADIAX, $1.99

Virtual Console

• NES Open Tournament Golf (NES) - Nintendo, $4.99

Sales

• Bit.Trip Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - $4.99 (March 10-17 only)

3DS

eShop Games

• The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths - Ynnis Interactive, $14.99
  • Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger - Microvalue, $7.99

Virtual Console

• Adventure Island II (NES) - Konami, $4.99

Source.

• URL to share this content (right click and copy link)
    Posted: 03/06/14, 16:37:52

Adventure Island II?? Whoooa! That's awesome, I've been waiting for this game since the Wii days, and it never came. Finally, we get one of the dinosaur-riding Adventure Island games! Why not on Wii U, though? I want to play this puppy on the big screen.

Should I get Runner 2 for 5 bucks?

on: 03/06/14, 16:39:07  - Edited by
     on: 03/06/14, 16:39:39
    Runner 2 is awesome, definitely get it.

How faithful was the Game Boy AI2 port (just called Adventure Island) to the NES game? I played and liked it. Did it have a lot of stuff missing, different level design, etc?

on: 03/06/14, 17:33:36
    @TriforceBun

Yes! I bought it at full price and I didn't regret it one bit. As a guy designing a music/rhythm game, you should definitely get it...right up your alley.

on: 03/06/14, 17:34:23  - Edited by
     on: 03/06/14, 17:37:30
    Still disappointed about the absence of Super Mario Bros. 3...but Adventure Island II is a pretty sweet, and helps ease the pain.

on: 03/06/14, 17:50:57
    TVandLust told me on twitter that AI on Game Boy takes a lot from AI2 (NES), but they're different games. So I'll check it out!

on: 03/06/14, 18:02:52
    Natsume tweets that Yumi's Odd Odyssey is coming on March 20th. Would have been nice to know that months ago instead of getting my hopes up each Thursday.

on: 03/06/14, 18:05:10
    FINALLY, NES Open Tournament Golf. CROSS IT OFF THE LIST.

on: 03/06/14, 22:14:38
    Hm, not sure I liked the original Bit.Trip.Runner enough to get a sequel. How different/improved is it? I didn't feel like there was much variety in the stages, levels within the same theme felt mostly the same. Is there more variety in the sequel?

on: 03/06/14, 22:19:48
    @Mop it up
    I'd say there's more variety in both visuals and level designs in the sequel, even though the different worlds obviously all have their respective themes. The core gameplay is improved, with multiple paths within some of the levels, as well as extra stuff to find for earning higher scores and unlockables like new characters or outfits. That being said, it's still a runner, so if you don't like that sort of thing I doubt it will convert you.

Personally, I think it's a sweet game, and well worth five bucks. Got some sweet songs too.

on: 03/06/14, 22:29:33  - Edited by
     on: 03/06/14, 22:30:30
    @Mop it upRunner 2 is gorgeous and awesome. Easily worth the $5.

on: 03/06/14, 23:08:20
    Mr_Mustache said:
    FINALLY, NES Open Tournament Golf. CROSS IT OFF THE LIST.

Sarcasm meter broken?