Pax East 2014: Top 7 Nintendo-related Cosplayers (Plus a Few Non-Nintendo)
April 17, 2014, 03:37:25
Actually, it probably doesn't make much sense to use the word "top" here since it was pretty much the only seven that I saw the whole weekend. I had totally intended to do another top ten Nintendo-related cosplay list like I did for ACen last year, but as it turns out PAX attendees are not really about the cosplay as much. While probably around 50% of the ACen attendees were in cosplay, at PAX East it was closer to 1%, if that. Still, I managed to get a few good ones.

#7. Link (Legend of Zelda series)

A pretty standard Link. Nothing overly impressive, but still cool.

#6. Ike (Fire Emblem series)

Fire Emblem actually seems to get a lot of attention from cosplayers, with Ike being one of the main ones that I see. This guy did a decent job.

#5. Godot (Phoenix Wright series)

Godot also seems to get a lot of cosplayer attention for one reason or another. I guess it is the wicked half-mask.

#4. Pit and Dark Pit / Pittoo (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

Both Pit and Dark Pit from Kid Icarus: Uprising? Sounds like a pretty good cosplay combo to me!

#3. Various Links and Zeldas (Legend of Zelda series)

Although it is pretty common to see big groups of cosplayers at ACen, this was one of the few groups that I saw at PAX East.

#2. Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda series)

Skull Kid aka one of the coolest Zelda characters ever. I noticed that Zelda cosplay was in this year.

#1. King Hippo (Punch-Out!!)

If you got it, you might as well flaunt it, amirite? And this guy has it.

And a few more...

Companion Cube with a mustache and top hat for some reason.

A pair of Journey characters. That was such a neat game.

And... the same Journey characters, battling it out against each other.

Unfortunately that was about it for video game characters that I saw and recognized. There were some others, but I think they were related to MMO PC games and such, stuff I don't really follow. Ah well. I'll try to do better at ACen again this year!

Posted: 04/17/14, 03:37:25  - Edited by
 on: 04/17/14, 03:36:24
That King Hippo is classic. Take that dude on the road, Nintendo!

on: 04/17/14, 03:39:55
It never dawned on me before that the Journey characters don't have arms.

on: 04/17/14, 05:42:59

I like the A Link Between Worlds representation here. Hilda looks pretty cool, though I'm kinda bummed she doesn't have her scepter.

on: 04/17/14, 06:00:43
Oh yeah that totally is her! Somehow I missed that.

on: 04/17/14, 08:56:30

I like King Hippo Guy, too! Zero chose well to make him #1.

Zero said:
Companion Cube with a mustache and top hat for some reason.

*scoff* Mustaches: the ultimate everything.

on: 04/18/14, 00:45:06
Best cosplay is Space Marine cosplay.

on: 04/18/14, 02:03:39
Great some Aussie shows up and ruins my awesome thread with boring cosplay. Might as well throw in some Halo cosplay while we are at it.

on: 04/18/14, 02:06:27

I'll see what I can arrange.

on: 04/18/14, 02:08:56

on: 04/18/14, 03:19:13

Hahahaha. Perfect.

on: 04/18/14, 03:24:37
Those Space Marine costumes always crack me up. I mean, there's ALL THAT ARMOR FOR ULTIMATE PROTECTION...but then no helmet to guard the most important and vulnerable part of the human body.

Who in the world designed those?!?

on: 04/18/14, 04:23:47

It's weird. The rank and file marines get helmets. But the sergeants and captains and so forth all run around without helmets.

I suppose it's so you can identify the individual characters for gameplay purposes. And I guess if you want to get pedantic, most marines in the higher ranks have person force fields or some such so helmets aren't as important.

on: 04/18/14, 04:26:29

If there are force fields, why is there armor?

Pedantic-ness ensues!

on: 04/18/14, 04:28:44

The armour has all the cool sensors and other tech too

on: 04/18/14, 04:31:07
What's a "college fund" and where do I apply to get one?!

on: 04/18/14, 04:32:50
GameDadGrant said:

on: 04/23/14, 09:13:14

I dig it. It's cool seeing new Nintendo characters people can cosplay, and then seeing it done right.

on: 04/23/14, 14:32:42