Nintendo Download for July 26, 2012.
Editor
July 26, 2012, 16:30:53

A Month of Mario, a big Colors! 3D discount for the weekend, Wario Land, and five more new titles are up for grabs in this week's Nintendo Download!

eShop Exclusives
Dot Runner: Complete Edition (3D Digital Download - Intense Co., $4.99)
Mole Mania (3DS Virtual Console - Nintendo, $2.99)
Planet Crashers (3D Digital Download - Ignition Entertainment, $9.99)
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (3DS Virtual Console - Nintendo, $3.99)

Wii Shop Channel
World Heroes Perfect (Wii Virtual Console - D4 Enterprises, 900 points)

DSiWare (also available in the eShop)
Decathlon 2012 (Cinemax, 500 points/$4.99)

Game of the Weekend (July 27 at 9:00 a.m. PST until July 29 at 9:00 p.m. PST)
Colors! 3D (3D Digital Download - Collecting Smiles, $3.99 sale price)

A Month of Mario (one classic Mario game on sale each week leading up to the release of New Super Mario Bros. 2)
Super Mario Bros.($3.99 sale price through Wednesday, August 1)

DLC
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (songs cost $0.99 each)
  • A Contest of Aeons (Final Fantasy X)
  • The Archylte Steppe (Final Fantasy XIII)
  • The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah (Final Fantasy XI)
  • Crystal Cave (Final Fantasy III)

• Source.

Editor's note: Added Theatrhythm DLC since it was online.

Posted: 07/26/12, 16:30:53  - Edited by
     on: 07/26/12, 17:57:19

If I was artistic and had an ability to draw, I would get colors 3d because I still have $5 and some change in eShop cash, but alas, I'm a terrible artist.

on: 07/26/12, 16:35:30
    Hmm, a goodly amount of eShop titles to check out, I've never even heard of Dot Runner...

on: 07/26/12, 16:36:05
    Finally I will have Wario Land again. It's one of the few games that I misplaced as a kid and never found again. I had like one treasure left, too...

on: 07/26/12, 16:37:50
    I want both GB games and that sale on Colors 3D is tempting... dammit Nintendo, stop giving us good updates!

EDIT: Theatrhythm DLC is already up on the website.

A Contest of Aeons (FFX/BMS)

The Archylte Steppe (FFXIII/FMS)

The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah (FFXI/FMS)

Crystal Cave (FFIII/BMS)

on: 07/26/12, 16:44:09  - Edited by
     on: 07/26/12, 16:46:06
    @deathly_hallows

It looks like an odd twist on the old Windows 95 screen saver with a Wario-like character trying to save his friends. Likely a pass for me, but meh...

EDIT: @VofEscaflowne

Thanks. Added it to the OP.

on: 07/26/12, 16:46:16  - Edited by
     on: 07/26/12, 16:50:30
    @ludist210
    Ha, yeah... looks like it's Mole Mania and Wario Land for me, and thus my VC backlog grows...

on: 07/26/12, 16:53:11
    I hope Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 is in 3D like it was on Gameboy!

on: 07/26/12, 16:53:59  - Edited by
     on: 07/26/12, 16:55:42
    @deathly_hallows

I hear ya. I've never tried Mole Mania, but for just $3 I may bite. If I add that and Wario Land, it's up to three on the GB VC alone (those two and Kid Icarus).

on: 07/26/12, 16:57:39
    I remember I used to love World Heroes, although it's essentially just another Street Fighter clone that isn't as good as Street Fighter.

I guess I'll check out Wario Land, which everyone says is better than Wario Land 4, which I didn't really get into.

on: 07/26/12, 17:07:37
    @Zero

Wario Land is very different from Wario Land 4. It's better IMO...one of my favorite GB games as a kid.

on: 07/26/12, 17:17:36  - Edited by
     on: 07/26/12, 17:18:07
    There is some Neo Geo fighting game fan with a deal with a devil.

on: 07/26/12, 17:20:54
    Wario Land and Mole Mania will be mine! Man, that's four GB games in the past few weeks. This is how you run the eShop, Nintendo!

I might just get Colors 3D for shits and giggles, and to see what my girlfriend and best friend who are both quite artistic can come up with.

on: 07/26/12, 17:24:41
    @deathly_hallows
    Dot Runner is the "spiritual successor" to GO Series: Picdun. I think it's an action/puzzle game of sorts. I'm intrigued, as I enjoyed Picdun, but this does look quite different.

on: 07/26/12, 17:27:31
    @anon_mastermind
    WTH that looks insane!? 1st person Pac-Man mixed with turned-based battles? I might have to download it just to see what the heck it's all about. Wish there was a demo.

on: 07/26/12, 17:33:03
    ludist210 said:
    Wario Land: Super Mario Bros. 3 (3DS Virtual Console - Nintendo, $3.99)

This should read; Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3.

Land. Not Bros.

on: 07/26/12, 17:48:19
    @deathly_hallows

I'm almost certain they've sped up the navigating through the maze for that advert. I will be downloading it. I can't believe I JUST downloaded Go Series Picdun yesterday! GRRRR!

Picdun is a dungeon crawler where you work your way through a maze-like structure down below but up above as the map becomes more fleshed out it will create a pictobits-style picture. I really don't know the significance of the picture you're creating other than perhaps the ability to determine where the maze will end up, but it is a fun romp.

on: 07/26/12, 17:51:48
    @GameDadGrant

You're right, thanks for the catch.

on: 07/26/12, 17:57:36
    @anon_mastermind Well, it is 8-Bit Summer, there are GB games every week of July. I just hope that when the promotion ends, it doesn't mean that we see a huge drought of GB games like we did before.

I'm definitely getting Wario Land at some point, and I may pick up Colors! 3D since it's on sale.

on: 07/26/12, 18:01:10
    Definitely getting Wario Land at some point, but my game capacity is at maximum right now.

on: 07/26/12, 20:02:58
    @Deerock69
    Oh, haha, it really looks like a real-time pac-man game in that trailer. First person pac-man would be so crazy and hilarious, someone should do it.

on: 07/26/12, 20:21:50