Watch the European 3DS Event Live on Wednesday (there's a LiveBlog too!)
Editor
January 17, 2011, 19:57:58

On Nintendo's own website.

Who doesn't love live streams?

Of course every website ever will be picking up on important announcements should you miss the event.

It's taking place Wednesday January 19 at 3PM CET. That's 9 AM Eastern, 8 AM Central, 6 AM Pacific.

EDIT: Liveblog.

Posted: 01/17/11, 19:57:58  - Edited by
 on: 01/18/11, 20:20:48

There's a 6 am!?

on: 01/17/11, 20:14:00
CET?

on: 01/17/11, 20:19:14
Central European Time.

I don't think this is the same event as the New York one, which was also happening Jan 19. Don't know if there's a stream for that, I couldn't find it.

on: 01/17/11, 20:19:55  - Edited by
 on: 01/17/11, 20:20:48
9 am isn't so bad for me, I'll tune in.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, I need to get to class by 11 on wednesday

on: 01/17/11, 20:20:58  - Edited by
 on: 01/17/11, 20:21:41
Don't worry about that this kid has one already . You can even see the 3D in the video

on: 01/17/11, 20:23:28
Great! CET is only an hour or two ahead of GMT, so I'll be up for it :)

on: 01/17/11, 20:27:43
Breakfast with a Nintendo announcement? Sounds good. Wed is my in between day for school so I won't have work to deal with.

on: 01/17/11, 20:52:10
Thanks for that info. I get to work right at 8:00 a.m., so that will (hopefully) be a nice way to start my morning.

on: 01/17/11, 21:05:17
I'm not holding out for Metroid as that seems really far-fetched, but I'm sure there will be some awesome reveals. Can't wait.

on: 01/17/11, 22:20:53
9AM?

I'll be in school

on: 01/17/11, 22:23:33
I hope there is a stream on the NA event, wanna see some me some Reggie.

on: 01/17/11, 22:46:23
@deathly_hallows

What time is the NA conference?

on: 01/17/11, 23:00:25
GelatinousEncore said:
Who doesn't love live streams?
I dunno. There is a 100% chance the haircuts won't be as entertaining as in the Japan even live stream.

on: 01/17/11, 23:09:48
@warerare

Woah, the bottom screen is 3D! See Simba, it works fine!

on: 01/17/11, 23:32:20
I've now got my iCal ready to open up that webpage automatically at 8:50am Wednesday morning. Woooo!

on: 01/17/11, 23:57:14
I'm curious about the time of the US event as well. Can't find anything.

on: 01/18/11, 00:57:59
Will anyone liveblog it? The computer I inherited at work can barely run Chrome, I'd rather just refresh a mostly-text page than make it suffer through video.

on: 01/18/11, 01:03:16
Nice. I have the date stored in my head. Unfortunatly I will be at work all day(no access to a computer that will be able to stream the event). Should be home somewhere between 9:30pm and 10pm. Guess I can catch up on all of it then.

I'm figuring(and hoping) we at least get a concrete date when the 3DS will be released here in the states and the actual price and maybe even a few games that will released alongside the 3DS. Even though its kindof of sad to say, hopefully at the very least the OoT will be released the same day the 3DS is released. Actually, it would be nice if the new resident evil game came out that day or some cool first party game by Nintendo.

I remember reading an article not too long ago and there was like 4 or 5 games listed that are supposed to be released alongside the 3DS(can't even remember if this was for the states), anyways, I wasn't overly impressed with the lineup. Here is what is listed, I think for Japan:

Nintendogs/Cats----------------------yuck
Super Street fighter IV---------------yuck
Prof Layton: Mask of Miracle------Not interesed
Winning Eleven----------------------Double Yuck(I hate soccar)
Ridge Racer 3d----------------------Not interested, I enjoyed this back in like 1995,1996.I don't want to play Ridge Racer anymore
Samurai Warriors Chronicles----Not Interested
Bust-A-Move 3D---------------------Not Interested
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs----No idea what this is.

So, lets say if this is the lineup for the America, I probably will be rethinking my wanting to purchase this thing on release day, thus def. not camping out to play any of those games. Yea, I know Im not in the best of moods right now, but seriously, none of those games are games I would buy. I think people like the Prof. layton series and maybe even bust-a-move, Im just not into those games. And Im not buying them just cause they are in 3D.

So, hmmmm...my hype meter has really gone down(as of right now). Once the announcement is made on the 19th, maybe my thinking will change. If Nintendo has no plans on releasing either OoT or Starfox 64 for the 3DS at launch, they should have never initially commented on these games. Doing so automatically made me think one or both would be available at launch. I know those 2 games are listed for Spring and Summer releases in Japan, so I guess there is always the possibility they could be released here in the states sooner.

Games like Oot or Starfox would showcase the 3D moreso than most of the titles listed above(imo anyways). Guess in a couple of days maybe my opinion will change depending on we might get here in the states.

on: 01/18/11, 03:33:05  - Edited by
 on: 01/18/11, 03:35:59
gamewizard65 said:
Prof Layton: Mask of Miracle------Not interesed
Layton's pretty much guaranteed to be fuck-awesome! Best new IP this gen.

on: 01/18/11, 03:47:02
@anon_mastermind

This, but I also thought that it was confirmed that the US launch lineup would be different.

on: 01/18/11, 04:05:44