Splatoon 2 Global Testfire Coming In March
Editor
February 12, 2017, 14:53:12

You know, for as much hype as I've had for Splatoon 2, it didn't occur to me that we might see another Global Testfire. Luckily that ignorance paved the way for patiences as I woke up this morning to the news that in Late March Nintendo will allow Nintendo Switch owners to be able to experience an all new Global Testfire and play Splatoon 2 early.

Splatoon 2 in March? YES, PLEASE! Here's the official trailer for the announcement.

And below are the dates and times the testfire will occur.

March 24
12-12:59 p.m. PT / 3-3:59 p.m. ET
8-8:59 p.m. PT / 11-11:59 p.m. ET

March 25
4-4:59 a.m. PT / 7-7:59 a.m. ET
12-12:59 p.m. PT / 3-3:59 p.m. ET
8-8:59 p.m. PT / 11-11:59 p.m. ET

March 26
4-4:59 a.m. PT / 7-7:59 a.m. ET

Six time slots. I know I can make five but I might rearrange the ol' work schedule and try to make all six since the first one I'd miss is that 3pm on the 24th. I gots to get me some Splatoon 2!

More details have been unveiled about Splatoon 2 (or maybe just re-announced) but you can find them at the source below where the press release sits or on the Splatoon 2 main game page for Negative World shortly. For now, my excited-self is going to grab some breakfast!

Source (MyNintendoNews)
Negative World's Splatoon 2 Game Discussion Page

Posted: 02/12/17, 14:53:12

Oh it didn't even cross my mind that we might even see another one of this. This is awesome. I should be able to make at least a couple of those, I hope. The Wii U Testfire is really what sold me on the game but even if I miss out on it here, I won't mind as much since I know it's a day one purchase anyway.

on: 02/12/17, 15:05:56
@VofEscaflowne

Day One Purchase for me also but I wonder if this means that we'll see it release earlier than expected. I need to go back and look at when the Global Testfire for the first happened. I'm still guessing it'll release June 23rd, which allows for a Splatfest the following weekend for the 4th of July. However that's if they hold us to 'Summer 2017'. I'd love it to release in May like the last time.

on: 02/12/17, 15:11:45
Nice! So glad they're doing this again. Count me in.

on: 02/12/17, 15:22:03
Yes! And now all i can think about is "Everything is awesome" because of this news and that I'm taking the family to the Lego Batman Movie later today.

on: 02/12/17, 18:14:27
Whoa. I can make some of these, so you'll see me there!

on: 02/12/17, 18:16:50
In.

I had an inkling they might do this, but not any time soon. I expected Summer before launch, not in a few weeks!

on: 02/12/17, 20:13:06
It doesn't surprise me, if I remember rightly I think the first testfire had over a million players. This one will probably be less though simply because less people will have a Switch. This is also a good way for Nintendo to test out the servers and make sure they're prepared for launch.

on: 02/12/17, 21:01:03
I'm guessing that this means Splatoon 2 is coming a lot sooner than we thought. Perhaps around May like the first one.

on: 02/13/17, 22:01:46
Seems a bit early if the game is set for a June release? May or may not have a Switch at that time, but I'd bet there will be another testfire closer to launch.

on: 02/14/17, 15:52:07
@Mop it up

It might even be more because more people will be in that rose-colored period of Console Launch. Plus how many now-Splatoon-fans will be even more excited for this one than the last, as they are now addicted to Splatoon?

on: 02/14/17, 17:06:51
@Paleo_Orca

I'm hoping this means May just like before.

on: 02/14/17, 23:20:44
By the way, I meant to say this when the game was announced but the "2" part of the logo is totally ripping off of de Blob 2:

on: 02/14/17, 23:35:36
@Mop it up

As long as it doesn't rip off the "inferior to the first one" aspect of that game. HEYOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT: Shoot, now I want to go play deBlob. :(

on: 02/15/17, 00:26:02  - Edited by
 on: 02/15/17, 00:26:22
@J.K. Riki That's an interesting response. Most people seem to think de Blob 2 was better, though I haven't yet played my copy so I can't compare. The first de Blob was certainly a fun game though, it's a shame it was so overlooked.

on: 02/15/17, 00:35:12
@Mop it up

I don't know what happened, exactly, but for me deBlob had one problem: Saving. DeBlob 2 DID fix that, yes, but it didn't (to me) have the same charm and level design as the first.

I think the fact that your copy goes unplayed says a lot, actually! That's the magic of deBlob...

on: 02/15/17, 17:37:59
Oh man, de Blob... gems like that made the Wii such a great system. I enjoyed the sequel very much, but the original had the most charm.

on: 02/15/17, 17:40:35