Welcome to the official discussion thread for Nano Assault Neo on the Wii U! To start, please add this game to your log, add it to your collection (if applicable), and (when you are ready) rate it using the link above!
This will be the official thread for general discussion on this game, but there may be other threads with more specific discussions. If there are any details about this game that you believe should be in this post, please contact a moderator and ask if they can add them.
END AUTOMATED TEXT. THREAD CREATOR INFORMATION BELOW.
This is actually the first game I played once I got my Wii U in order. It's just $10, and it looks GLORIOUS.
It's like a faster-paced, no-frills version of the 3DS game. The enemies are more plentiful, your rate of fire is faster, the story bits are gone (sorry Joe), and it's just pure arcade action.
The game has awesome leaderboards. Unlike any leaderboards in any Wii game ever, you can filter your Friends' scores. The leaderboards also appear to be updated damn near instantaneously, unlikes the lb's for most PSN games I've played.
You can play on the TV or the GamePad. Either way, you're getting kick-ass visuals. Shin'en are masters at what they do, always have been and still are.
Got it yesterday and it's insane how great it looks for the size of the game (82mb was it?). I'm not sure if it lends itself well to replayability but I guess I have to figure out better how getting higher scores will work. Plus there seems to be at least one other mode to unlock.
You get more points by clearing a cell fully (once you hit 90% completion, you have 30 seconds to exit, which makes clearing the remaining 10% a challenge!), by not losing lives, by having good accuracy, and by keeping your combos going (which is really, really hard to do).
If you like going for high scores, I don't see why this game wouldn't fit the bill.
Guillaume since you love leaderboards so much you should check out NFS Most Wanted (maybe when it comes to Wii U), it's an entire universe of leaderboards! Leaderboards inside of leaderboards on top of leaderboards that are made of tiny leaderboards. It's awesome.
Yeah I just need to experiment more with it. It seems more short focused sessions of Super Stardust HD which I don't mind. It seems you could herd many enemies in one area then take them out as quickly as possible with powerups and focus your satellites to take them out quickly.
I'm tempted to get the game for Wii U even though I have it for PS3... though I wish I could get more from what I paid for it. It's absolutely trash for me on PS3 and I can barely use Autolog cause it keeps disconnecting me.
@VofEscaflowne I'm playing on Vita and the autolog works fine, except if you let the Vita go to sleep... then it disconnects and it won't reconnect until you go into settings and do it manually, kind of annoying for a handheld.
Anyway, what's your PSN? I can try to beat your times/jumps etc.
PS: nevermind, it's in your profile, I'll send you a request next time I'm on.
Don't expect me to try and get better times and such though... unless if the game magically starts working again. I haven't played in a couple of weeks and no one at EA is showing any sign of wanting to help me.
You also seem to be able to create combos by killing multiple enemies in succession. So if you buy the combo power up that increases it to 9 so that it lasts longer before it resets, you can hoard bunch of enemies together and then kill them rapidly for a better score. At least that's how I think it would work.