Our elite team of judges cite the lack of concrete details about the Wii U's online system, and the fact that Killer Freaks was effectively cancelled and replaced by a game with a different name and different content, ie. Zombi U.
There are quite a few statements that we may look back and consider as true, but unless they've been fully substantiated during this E3 they can't be considered an accurate prediction of what happened during these few days.
- The maximum possible score this year was 112 points.
- The Eternal Optimist award goes to roykoopa64 for making the most predictions: 68
- The wrong answers that were picked most often were: "Wii U to have a pack-in game" - 27 times, and "Animal Crossing 3DS gets a release date" - 26 times
- The correct answers we missed the most were: "User created content highlighted for future Wii U games" which only 4 people picked, and "5th Cell announces a launch title for the Wii U" which was picked 5 times. Both came true thanks to Scribblenauts Unlimited.
- The most predictably correct answer turned out to be "Reggie, Miyamoto, Iwata present" and "Pikmin 3 trailer!" which were both correctly predicted 29 times.
- The most predictably wrong answers were "Mario and Sonic platformer/adventure game!", "The show begins as Miyamoto plays the tablet like a keytar" and "Chrono series returns!" which no-one predicted at all.
- A conservative approach won the day. The people who made the fewest predictions scored the highest.
- The statement "Wii U more than 2 times the power of current consoles" was not sufficiently established as true for the purposes of this challenge, although it almost certainly is judging by the spec rumors and different people's evaluations of them. However that didn't change the outcome, Smerd would just have won by more points if it had been. :)