A Nintendo community
for the fans, by the fans!
Browse    1  2  
In what mode will you be playing your Switch? [poll]
 
Console (10/25 votes)
 40%
Portable (4/25 votes)
 16%
Equal amounts Console and Portable (11/25 votes)
 44%
 
I'll likely be playing it in portable mode most of the time, especially now that I've seen how gorgeous Zelda looks in this mode. I really hope the device has bluetooth headphone capability.

URL to share this content (right click and copy link)
Posted: 01/15/17, 17:54:09
[ Share ]
 
 
For me, it depends on the game. Something like Zelda just feels more at home on the big TV, but a quicker, funkier portable game would work best on the go. I voted option three.
Posted: 01/15/17, 18:09:13
I can't say exactly how evenly it will be split, but I'll definitely be using both modes quite often.
Posted: 01/15/17, 18:23:55
TriforceBun said:
For me, it depends on the game. Something like Zelda just feels more at home on the big TV, but a quicker, funkier portable game would work best on the go. I voted option three.

Exact same for me.
Posted: 01/15/17, 18:32:25
Mostly console. I game almost exclusively at home and since I live (forever) alone there's no issue getting the TV.
Posted: 01/15/17, 18:36:09
I surprised myself by voting console. While I fully expect to carry it around with me at times, it will not replace the 3DS as my portable of choice.
Posted: 01/15/17, 18:44:55
Console, but will see plenty of of off tv play too.
Posted: 01/15/17, 18:45:31  - Edited by 
 on: 01/15/17, 18:47:03
I will be using both modes
Posted: 01/15/17, 18:53:33  - Edited by 
 on: 01/15/17, 18:54:01
Both, likely the same amounts.
Posted: 01/15/17, 19:38:52
I don't play games on the go, so it'll likely never leave the dock.
Posted: 01/15/17, 19:44:14
Equal, maybe leaning towards handheld. Whenever there is a PS4 vita game that supports cross save I find myself playing it constantly while switching back and forth. The best is when you're playing on the TV but you have to poop lol, no reason to stop playing! The thing that annoyed me the most above the Wii U is that the range didn't extend to my bathroom even though it's only 15 feet away.
Posted: 01/15/17, 20:05:35  - Edited by 
 on: 01/15/17, 20:08:49
I almost never play games away from home. I may take it out of the dock if I want to play while watching something else on TV now and then, though.
Posted: 01/15/17, 21:12:59
I think most of the time I'll play it docked to the TV. I generally don't play games outside of the house, and when I do play, I prefer a TV.
Posted: 01/15/17, 21:40:50
Console. Maybe I'll use it in bed, but it'll probably never leave the house.
Posted: 01/15/17, 21:46:58
Probably console most of the time. But then again I do like laying in bed playing games, something I miss with the Wii U after moving to a new place and the TV being too far from the bedroom for it to work.
Posted: 01/15/17, 21:48:03
I'll likely split the difference between the two. Even with a 3DS I play at home something like 98% of the time, the other 2% potentially being when I'm on vacation and everyone else is asleep. Honestly, I have no idea how it will work out with a three year old and twins most likely arriving in March, but the bathroom idea holds much more weight these days. We all joked about that with the Wii U, but I can hardly hold a consistent connection with my Wii U now from my couch six feet away. Though that might have to do with a three year old dropping/throwing the controller a time or two.

I might just get a second AC adapter or dock to keep the thing charged out of sight and just dock it at night when everyone else is sleeping.
Posted: 01/15/17, 21:57:16
Do I even have to post my answer?
Posted: 01/15/17, 22:18:07
@deathly_hallows

I feel 'Toilet Mode' should have been added as a poll option.
Posted: 01/15/17, 22:29:51
In bed, in a different room than the TV. So I guess that counts as portable. That said, apart from taking it on a trip or to a friend's house, I doubt it will leave the immediate area. So that makes me think more "console."

I voted portable, because it will be undocked way more often than docked. Maybe that should have been the poll: Docked vs. Undocked. Because I may play it, as I did the Wii U, in my living room while my wife is watching some TV show or something. A lot.
Posted: 01/15/17, 23:04:22
Yeah, I'm glad off-TV play lives on with the Switch, especially since I had the same issue with the Wii U GamePad not reaching my bathroom (or bed).
Posted: 01/16/17, 00:20:52
J.K. Riki said:
Because I may play it, as I did the Wii U, in my living room while my wife is watching some TV show or something.

Word. I did that, too. Except 3DS, not Wii U. Not being tethered to a TV = WIN.
Posted: 01/16/17, 00:26:29
Browse    1  2