A Nintendo community
for the fans, by the fans!
Browse    1  2  
What is your favorite BIT.TRIP game? [poll] [roundtable]
 
BIT.TRIP BEAT (2/17 votes)
 12%
BIT.TRIP CORE (1/17 vote)
 6%
BIT.TRIP VOID (0/17 votes)
 0%
BIT.TRIP RUNNER (12/17 votes)
 71%
BIT.TRIP FATE (0/17 votes)
 0%
BIT.TRIP FLUX (2/17 votes)
 12%
 
And how would you rank the games overall?

For me, it goes:

6. CORE- Two forgettable songs, one great song, un-fun gameplay 90% of the time. The other 10% you just sort of enter a Zen-like state and have full control over the whole screen. Despite being my least-liked game in the series, it's the most rewarding to be awesome at.

5. FATE- The music isn't that memorable, but FATE isn't really a rythm game. I'm not a big fan of shmups, and I found FATE to be the hardest BIT.TRIP game. The game's dark mood and atmosphere fit the story perfectly though.

4. BEAT- Great music, great gameplay. This might be higher if it weren't for FLUX basically being a better version of it.

3. VOID- It's kind of like BEAT, but in both axes. Out of all the games, it has the most unique visual style. The music isn't really memorable, but it's really awesome stuff. EGO is one of my favorite BIT.TRIP songs.

2. RUNNER- The music, visuals, controls and gameplay all blend perfectly. Playing this game seriously makes me feel happy. It can be super-hard at first, but if you take the time to stick with it you'll master the game in no time.

1. FLUX- Easily has the best soundtrack in the whole series. Its audio and gameplay throwbacks to the other five games make it a great conclusion to the BIT.TRIP saga, and the final "level" is brilliant. Getting to META mode, hearing the strings kick in and having the entire background change completely is surreal.

URL to share this content (right click and copy link)
Posted: 03/12/11, 07:32:00
[ Share ]
 
Why not sign up for a (free) account and create your own content?
 
I am ashamed to say that I JUST beat Core last week. Actually my biggest hurdle was the 2nd stage and I would get too discouraged to keep at it. But I finally passed it, and the 3rd stage wasn't much of a problem. Working on Void atm (I have all the Bit.Trip games, but forcing myself to finish them in order). So far I like Core the best, especially stage 1 and 3's music.
Posted: 04/23/11, 10:03:03
@Cryojin

Haha, you have nothing to be ashamed of. I'd be willing to bet most of us haven't beaten CORE. I haven't, anyway.
Posted: 04/23/11, 11:28:42
Me neither, as I stated above. The difficulty vs. fun scale in that game was far too unbalanced (favoring the difficulty side) for me to care enough to finish it.
Posted: 04/23/11, 21:05:47  - Edited by 
 on: 04/23/11, 21:06:13
Browse    1  2