Zero asked me to prepare a prediction quiz for the biggest show of the year, and I was happy to oblige.
The time is nearly upon us. Nintendo will be taking two hours on June 15th, 9am PST, to unveil their future offerings that are highly likely to include a lavish new Zelda game and a very fancy new portable system. But how well do you know your Nintendo stuff?
Choose as many statements as you like (eg. A01, A03, A09, A13, B02, B03, B04, C5... etc.)
They're split into four groups depending on how likely they are. You'll either win or lose those points depending on how the show plays out. Too many wrong guesses and you'll end up with a negative score!
As this is an official quiz this time around there will be XP to play for too. Every point of your final score will count as 1000XP. This might sound generous but the victor in the Fall Media Summit quiz was jacksrb with +10 points, so it's not as easy as it sounds. However, the top three predictors will also get a big XP boost, so there's plenty to play for.
Please post your predictions by the end of the 14th!
If there are any solid leaks in advance of the show, those statements will be locked down so it might help to get your guesses in early.
A) Most Likely : 2pts
01) Zelda trailer!
02) Wii Vitality sensor's killer app unveiled
03) Vitality sensor shown to do more than measure heart rate
04) 3DS is shown in action
05) 3DS is officially... "Nintendo 3DS"
06) Nintendo's main 3DS launch game is an enhanced remake
07) Nintendo's main 3DS launch game is a sequel to an existing Nintendo IP
08) 3DS revealed to have at least one more new key feature
09) Epic Mickey first footage
10) The Last Story first footage
11) Xenoblade confirmed for US release
12) 1 new WM+ Nintendo game revealed
13) Retro's game not mentionned
14) Project Sora's game not mentionned
15) A new Mario game is announced
16) Level-5's Time Travellers confirmed for 3DS
B) Maybe : 4pts
01) New Zelda features Mii's in a major way
02) New Zelda features Mii's in a minor way
03) Zelda Wii playable on the show floor
04) Nintendo's main 3DS launch game is a new IP
05) 3DS will launch in the Americas this holiday season
06) 3DS playable on the show floor
07) 3DS priced under $200
08) 3D movies to be sold in 3DS format
09) Big 3rd party franchise to be at/near 3DS launch
10) Xenoblade playable for the first time
11) Epic Mickey playable
12) Zelda confirmed for 2010
13) At least one new 3rd party Vitality sensor game
I was reading through all the comments looking for a reason as to why the retro studios predictions were locked down failing to notice this was a thread from last year! I was like WTF when was anything announced about what their doing for Cafe!!!!!