To start things off, I must apologize for the lateness on this game’s release. With E3 officially dead, the whole cadence of the month has been a bit off. As of this post, Nintendo hasn’t even announced they’re doing anything at this time frame. However after watching some of the other presentations, I realized we should still give it a shot in case Nintendo surprises us with a Nintendo Direct on a very short notice. Thus, the ‘participation’ period for this year’s Predict-a-ton is from now until a Nintendo Direct starts, whether that’s this coming week or later. I sure hope they do one for Tuesday or Wednesday this week (which is my suspicion). I suppose there’s no harm in keeping the game alive until the next Direct, so long as I cancel out anything that ends up becoming determined ahead of time. So enough rambling, Let’s-a-go!
How To Play: ========================
Here are four sets of statements. Pick all of them you think will come TRUE. (choose as many as you like eg. A3, A6, B5, C9, D10…)
Make your choices in a prudent manner! Each category is more valuable but also becomes increasingly risky. A correct pick means you WIN those points. An incorrect pick means you LOSE those points. This means you might even end up with a negative score, but you may just succeed with the highest total instead!
Please post your predictions as soon as possible, as we simply don’t know when the next Nintendo Direct will be. It could be in 24 hours, 72 hours, or 4 weeks from now… but don’t wait!
It proves to vote early though as any statements that are confirmed ahead of the presentation will be locked and no-longer viable for new pickers.
This one's obvious but NO editing. Your initial vote is your final vote, so make it count!
For the purposes of this challenge, ALL information that comes out during the course of the show will be taken into account. With this very non-standard year, this period will mean a standard Nintendo Direct and/or any Treehouse/sub-(but general) Directs that get announced during a core presentation. For example, if Nintendo had a Nintendo Direct on Tuesday, a Treehouse Live on Wednesday, and then announced an Indie-one next week, we wouldn’t finish tallying things until that last direct was finished.
A) Expected : 2 pts
01) Mario Strikers: Battle League DLC Explained
02) New Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC Courses Coming In June
03) Bayonetta 3 Release Date confirmed
04) New amiibo revealed
05) Splatoon 3 Trailer 06) Two or more new Nintendo-exclusive Nindies announced (timed exclusive OK)
07) Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp gets a new date
08) A new trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s Sequel
09) Nintendo’s core presentation features over 30 different games
10) Trailer for the Super Mario Bros. Movie Shown
B) Rumored : 4 pts
01) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild gets an unveiled title and/or release date
02) Mario Party Superstars DLC Announced
03) Daisy confirmed for Mario Strikers: Battle League
04) SteamWorld-related Gaming News 05) Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope gets a Release Date
06) New Main-line Fire Emblem Game Revealed
07) Nintendo Switch Online adds a New Console type
08) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and/or The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess get Switch Releases
09) Pokken Tournament 2 Unveiled
10) Additional Sports (besides Golf) coming to Nintendo Switch Sports
C) High risk : 6 pts
01) New 18+ Nintendo LEGO set unveiled
02) New Metroid Prime 4 Trailer
03) New improvements to the Nintendo Online App
04) Hollow Knight: Silk Song gets a release date
05) The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons Remake Announced 06) Classic ‘Non-Nintendo’ franchise sees a Switch port
07) New Characters also coming as part of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course DLC
08) New ‘Mario-based’ RPG unveiled
09) Game which released over 18 months ago receives substantial new surprise DLC
10) New Themes for the Switch System
D) MEGATON : 10 pts
01) Some kind of new special edition or promo Nintendo Switch hardware
02) Metroid Prime 4 confirmed for 2023
03) New core Super Mario title announced (platformer)
04) GameBoy Mini console is unveiled
05) Xbox Collaboration: New Banjo-Kazooie and/or Goldeneye Game
06) Super Mario Bros. 35 Returns from the dead!
07) Monolith Soft’s new IP Revealed
08) Animal Crossing DLC will continue!
09) Nintendo announces a cross-over promotion with either Fortnite or Fall Guys
10) Super Mario RPG hits the NSO Service
Bonus Prediction : (OPTIONAL)
These franchises haven't seen a new game entry in a while. WIN or LOSE 50 points by picking one to be announced. Remember, this is optional!
Choose from: 1080 Snowboarding, Banjo-Kazooie (via Microsoft), Donkey Kong, Duck Hunt, Earthbound, Eternal Darkness, Excite, F-Zero, Golden Sun, Ice Climbers, Kid Icarus, NES Remix, Nintendogs, Paper Mario, Pikmin, Professor Layton, Punch-Out!!, Rhythm Heaven, Ring Fit, Star Fox, Star Tropics, Wario Land, Wave Race, Wii Fit.
This year is once again expanded to a few places that aren’t NegativeWorld.org, so please post in this thread if you’re seeing this via that website. If you’re seeing this via Twitter, Discord, etc, just use the Google Forms. Thank you!
A) Expected : 2 pts 01) Mario Strikers: Battle League DLC Explained 05) Splatoon 3 Trailer 06) Two or more new Nintendo-exclusive Nindies announced (timed exclusive OK) 07) Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp gets a new date
B) Rumored : 4 pts 10) Additional Sports (besides Golf) coming to Nintendo Switch Sports
C) High risk : 6 pts 02) New Metroid Prime 4 Trailer
DK and Earthbound (Grezzo remake) games both seem like gambles that are within the realms of possibility. Pikmin would be so welcome though, I'm baffled by Nintendo's clear enthusiasm for the franchise and then long, long periods of silence.
Have there been any rumblings of an Earthbound remake? I feel like people have been talking about another Donkey Kong for years now, but Earthbound seems totally out there.
It's probably only fan rumblings. We know Grezzo are working on a mystery RPG. They already did such a cool job bringing a 2D classic into the 3D modern era while still having bags of charm and retaining the original gameplay, so people are speculating about Earthbound.