It’s the most wonderful time of the year! E3! Nintendo has been quite free to share big news throughout the year ever since Iwata started the Nintendo Directs, but E3 still packs a major news punch! Last year I hosted the Negative World E3 Predict-a-ton and with alignment from InfinityWave, I’m doing so again this year! Let’s do this!
How To Play: ========================
Here are four sets of statements. Pick all of them you think will come TRUE. (choose as many as you like eg. A3, A6, B5, C9, D10…)
Make your choices in a prudent manner! Each category is more valuable but also becomes increasingly risky. A correct pick means you WIN those points. An incorrect pick means you LOSE those points. This means you might even end up with a negative score, but you may just succeed with the highest total instead!
Please post your predictions by the end of June 11th. It proves to vote early though as any statements that are confirmed ahead of the presentation will be locked and no-longer viable for new pickers.
This one's obvious but NO editing. Your initial vote is your final vote, so make it count!
For the purposes of this challenge, ALL information that comes out during the course of the show will be taken into account. That includes the Digital Event, Treehouse streaming, press meetings, online news... everything that happens before the doors close at the end of Day 3.
A) Expected : 2 pts
01) Super Smash Bros. for Switch is a BRAND NEW Smash game
02) Full Reveal of Nintendo Switch’s Online Service
03) Yoshi (for Switch) Trailer
04) New amiibo revealed
05) Official Release Date for Splatoon 2’s Octo Expansion
06) New Nindies Announced (at least two)
07) Mario Tennis Aces to receive later DLC updates
08) New Joy-con Color(s)
09) At least 2 new Switch retail games from Nintendo
10) At least 2 new 3DS retail games from Nintendo
B) Rumored : 4 pts
01) New 2D Mario revealed
02) Fortnite coming to Switch
03) Nintendo Online app gets overhaul
04) Star Fox: Grand Prix officially announced
05) Bayonetta 3 Details
06) New Main-line Animal Crossing Game Unveiled
07) The Wonderful 101 bring ported to Switch
08) N64 Classic Edition Debuts
09) Overcooked 2 Announced
10) New Super Mario Odyssey World(s) as DLC
C) High risk : 6 pts
01) Pikmin 4 Revealed
02) New Joy-con Type (i.e. True D-Pad, GameCube Joystick, Camera nub, etc)
03) Rabbids join as fighters in Super Smash Bros. Switch
04) New Themed Switch (console itself, may also include joy-cons)
05) Trailer for the new Pokemon (core series)
06) Metroid Prime 4 Gameplay Revealed
07) New Full-Roster amiibo planned for Super Smash Bros. Switch
08) E3 Demos on the eShop
09) Super Mario Maker 2 for Switch
10) Two new Labo kits announced!
D) MEGATON : 10 pts
01) Third-Pillar Platform Revealed
02) Pokemon amiibo series
03) Banjo-Kazooie in Super Smash Bros
04) Major Franchise Typically On PS/XB Coming To Switch (not Fortnite or Fallout)
05) Details for the next Zelda game
06) Native voice chat patched into Nintendo Switch
07) GB Classic Announced
08) ‘Mother 3’ Announced For Nintendo Online
09) Fallout franchise coming to Switch in some form
10) Nintendo obtains new 2nd Party Developer
Bonus Prediction : (OPTIONAL)
These franchises haven't seen a new game in a while. WIN or LOSE 50 points by picking one to be announced. Remember, this is optional!
Choose from: 1080 Snowboarding, Advance Wars, Eternal Darkness, Excite, F-Zero, Golden Sun, Ice Climbers, Kid Icarus, Mario Party, Pokemon Snap, Punch-Out!!, Rhythm Heaven, Star Tropics, Wario, Wave Race.
Last year I let Nintemple also play, and this year I am expanding this to Twitter/Discord. If you see a Google Forms list for this, but are a member of this website, please submit your responses here and do not vote in both places. Thank you!
Hooray, points! Guess I'll be downloading Fallout Shelter tonight, if the microtransaction bullshit isn't too obtrusive. Here's hoping Bethesda's keeping the door open for Panic Button to bring us Doom Eternal and Wolfenstein Youngblood as well.
@DrFinkelstein I can imagine that they will want to wait with a new Wolfenstein announcement until after they've released New Colossus on Switch, and I could see them wanting to wait until Nintendo's conference to confirm Doom Eternal coming, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if we'd have to wait for months until we get confirmation. If they come at all, but considering how things have gone for Bethesda on Switch so far, and how well Panic Button's done with the first Doom I'd be very disappointed if they decide to snub us.
I am planning to report results for NW and for the 'others' separately, though I was surprised someone would have two different sets of guesses. I can consider both of yours but I guess I am just curious on your thought process for the change from one to the other.
The new Smash game looks like a "greatest hits" sort of game that includes a lot of stuff from previous games. Personally, I'd still consider this a "new" game because of all the tweaks and additions, but I could see this being up for debate.
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo opened its activities for the annual E3 2018 video game trade show with a bang – and a smash. Showing world-first footage of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Nintendo shared details about the latest entry in a series with sales of more than 40 million units worldwide. A new game built for the Nintendo Switch system, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate lets up to eight players square off in action-packed battles that are all about smashing beloved video game characters off the screen. Legendary game worlds and fighters collide in the ultimate showdown at E3 2018, which runs through June 14 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Nintendo made its announcements during its Nintendo Direct: E3 2018 video presentation, which can be viewed at https://e3.nintendo.com.
I guess we can't really call the previous game Smash U any more. I'm pretty happy with the direction they went. No sense on throwing out all of the good work done in 2014. the extra tweaks and polish are fine by me. Put those resources into maximizing content and polish instead.
Yeah, I still highly doubt this was rebuilt from the ground up. That would be pointless, and I doubt we'd have gotten the game so soon if that were the case. It's surely built off of Smash 4, and there's nothing wrong with that.