The show is over, the Treehouse has ceased streaming, and many seem to agree it was not only Nintendo's finest E3 in a while but the best way forward when it comes to presenting and demonstrating games.
How did the NW crew fare predicting all of the reveals and news? First, here's how the predictions shook out.
- The maximum possible score this year was 88 points and the worst possible was -208. A monkey guessing at random would be tend to score -60 but in practice we averaged -17. Look how smart we are.
- The "It's a Trap!" award goes to the Metroid franchise which suckered many of us into negative points.
- 2014's Eternal Optimist is infinitywave for making the most predictions: 24
- The wrong answer that was picked most often was: "Mario Kart track/mode/character DLC"- 21 times. Mario Kart is getting some kind of Amiibo support but we don't know what that entails, so no confirmation!
- No megatons in the quiz this year. But the consensus seems to be Nintendo had the strongest show in a long time with polished games, new IP and real surprises.
7th place ain't so bad, at least I got into the positives. I didn't know what "no graphs" and "Reggie meme" meant so I didn't choose them. I could have gotten a bit higher if I thought about it a little more, but oh well.
The GameCube, Wii, Gameboy Advance, and DS all had two Metroid titles each come out during their lifespans. I figured there HAD to be a Metroid game announced for one of the two newer systems. We're 2 or 3 years in, maybe a quarter to a third of the way through the generation, and not a sniff of a Metroid title. How?