June 11th marks the first E3 show for Nintendo that doesn't come from the stage of an LA theatre. Instead, at 7am PST / 3pm BST / 11pm Japan time, a new Nintendo Direct will be livestreamed to the world and while there may not be fireworks (or attempted fireworks), there will also be no charts, no PR waffle, just games.
Think you know what Nintendo has in store for the Wii U's most important holiday season? Will the 3DS continue to have 'So Many Games'? Will there be megatons?
Here are four sets of statements. Simply pick whichever ones you think will come true. (choose as many as you like eg. A01, A03, A13, B02, B03, C5... etc.).
But choose wisely! These predictions are increasingly valuable and increasingly unlikely. Correct picks win you points, incorrect picks lose you points. Will you manage to score more than zero this year? Last year's winner was Smerd with a perhaps unassailable 14 points.
Please post your predictions by the end of June 10th.
We will gray out any statements that are officially confirmed in advance of the main ND and you won't be able to pick them after that, so it might help to get your guesses in early!
For the purposes of this challenge, all information that comes out during the course of E3 will be taken into account. That includes the Japan, NOA and NOE directs, press meetings, interviews, online news, and additional Nintendo Directs.
A) Most Likely : 2pts
01) Iwata, Shibata and Reggie all present in a Nintendo Direct
02) New 3D Mario Platformer gets a name and a 2013 release
03) Smash Bros. 4 screens or artwork are shown
04) Mario Kart U trailer
05) New footage of Monolithsoft's X
06) Bayonetta 2 trailer
07) First footage of The Wind Waker HD
08) New video of Pokemon X/Y
09) New color/s for 3DS
10) The new 3D Mario platformer is not Mario Galaxy 3
B) Maybe : 4pts
01) Teaser video of Smash Bros. 4
02) Mario Kart U confirmed for 2013
03) New Nintendo/3rd party game collaboration
04) Dragon Quest VII coming to the West
05) Wind Waker HD confirmed for 2013
06) Good Feel show a new trailer for Yarn Yoshi
07) A new Wii U bundle for the holidays
08) New system announced for the Virtual Console (U/3DS)
09) Monolithsoft's 3DS game revealed
10) Treasure's 3DS game revealed
C) I guess it's possible... : 6 pts
01) Retro Studio's game is revealed
02) One or more Smash Bros.4 newcomers are shown
03) Smash Bros. 4 gets a firm release date
04) Bayonetta 2 for 2013
05) Some kind of teaser or artwork shown for Zelda U
06) A new Near Field Communication game announced for Wii U
07) Majora's Mask remake for 3DS
08) Exclusive Wii U game from Capcom, Level-5, Mistwalker or Square-Enix
09) Wii Sports U announced
10) Earthbound collection for 3DS
D) MEGATON : 10 pts
01) 3rd exclusive Sonic game is a Mario/Sonic platformer
02) Retro's game is a new IP
03) New model of 3DS
04) GTA V, Metal Gear Solid V, Destiny or Dark Souls - Wii U version
05) NFC collectibles confirmed for Smash Bros.
06) Dragon Quest X coming to the West
07) HD remake of Metroid Prime
08) Ambassador program for Wii U
09) Return of non-specific action figure
10) Skies of Arcadia 2, Shenmue 3 or Panzer Dragoon exclusive
Bonus Prediction: (OPTIONAL)
Will these neglected franchises have a new game announced for them? You can pick up to three, but everything you pick MUST be announced.
Pick One = 50pts Pick Two = 100pts Pick Three = 200pts
Choose from: Metroid, Star Tropics, Star Fox, Waverace, 1080 Snowboarding, Wario Platformer, Donkey Kong Country, Chibi Robo, Trauma Center, Pokemon Snap, Kirby, F-Zero, Rune Factory, Endless Ocean, Excite, Fatal Frame, Punch-Out!!, No More Heroes.
I was also really leaning on that as well... I took the gamble this time. I think I was more upset of getting that thing wrong in this challenge then the actual news of there being a cool looking DKC game..